Thursday, September 11, 2008

Artistic Elder Dixon

Ryan is having a great time at the MTC and is getting excited to fly to Croatia in three weeks. Because we haven't received any photos from him yet, we pulled a couple of his artistic sketches out of the archives. He drew this first photo with regular crayons. Imagine that! I have to struggle to color between the lines in a coloring book!

Ryan's Crayon Art

Just another of his signature doodles!

Ryan Dixon sketch

Here are some excerpts from his latest email:

Dearest fam,

How are y'all? I'm doing just dandy here @ the mtc. Learning alot of tight stuff about life and the gospel slash croatian. THanks for the sickening package. I love packages!! pure joy!

BTW, im sending pictures via cd sometime soon. I am going to take a bunch and send them home. THere are some sweet audio visual tours as well.......

Welp, i didn't have time to tell last week, but we got released as zone leaders last week. It was the rubber chicken... Jk!! Our time was up after 4.5 weeks. We also got a new branch pres. Bres. Bancroft and his wife are going on a mission to South Korea about the same time i leave, so they got released. Pres. Rolfe, our new president, is the man. Another major change that went down @ the half way mark was the highly anticipated switching of the bunks. In other words, life is good @ the mtc. The bottom bunk status pretty much changed my life. I love it.

This last week, we taught lesson 1 in croatian twice. It was great. We definately have some work to do times infinity, but we are getting the message accross. We can testify, teach, and invite the spirit, which is what really matters... But we've got a long way to go. It was weird though, last sunday, I was asked to give the prayer in district meeting. So I got up to say it and almost said "Nash dragi nebeski oche" which is "our dear heavenly father", but then i caught myself and offered the prayer and finished. But while i was offering it, i realized that i have'nt given a full out English prayer for a long time, at least 2-3 weeks, idk. But, its cool that its wierd to pray in english. Also, my spanish is starting to fade, which is a good sign. I often speak the spanish in my mind on accident, but that's starting to be replaced by croation. Which is nice... :) Croatian is so rad!

THis past week, Elder Cook came and taught us in a devotional. His thoughts were focused on preach my gospel and how it came to be. That book is inspired of God. THe old 1st presidency had alot to do with the topics that were focused on in it. As i study it, it is very evident that it is written to help people come unto Christ, and to bring about the "immortality and eternal life of man". I love it.

One of my favorite things about the mtc is the referral center. We go there and answer phone calls for people who have seen an LDS commercial or see some advertisement who are interested in recieving some type of church literature/media. I was talking to a sweet catholic lady, who had called in for a Bible. The prompt encourages you to ask them what promted them to call for the literature, so I asked her, and she said she lost her old bible that she had had for a while, and she saw a commercial w/ a number and jumped on it. We talked for a little while, and she agreed to have the missionaries drop the bible off and share a message with her about Christ, rather than have us mail it to her. We got talking a little more, and she said that she had been "searching for the truth" for many years. She said she had always just tried to live by the bible to stay closest to the truth. I replied to her and said, "I want you to know that you've found the truth." I bore a little testimony that I knew Christ's true church was restored to the earth. Then, I told her that the issionaries could teach her more when they visited her. I wish I could be there when that transpired. She was so prepared. How sweet would that be for her to hear the story of Joseph Smith, somebody who also searched for truth and relied n the bible and faith, til it came??? So rad! Tightest woman ever. I know the true gospel is restored on the earth. We can know that by reading the Book of Mormon and praying to know of its' truth. I love you all, keep it real!!

RYan

No comments: